It’s Football Time in Tennessee! Are you Tailgate ready? If not check out our Ultimate Tailgate Guide.
I break my checklist into sections:
1. Prep Necessities
2. Set-up Necessities
3. Food and Beverage Necessities
4. Fun to Have
- Tailgates range from a simple SUV tailgate to larger get-togethers, so plan accordingly.
- Coolers: I recommend Yeti brand which come in all shapes, colors and sizes. Orange is one of my favorites!
- Grill, gas or charcoal, lighter fluid and lighters, grilling and serving utensils, napkins, paper towels, plates, cups and coozies (orange or white solo brand or plastic with your team logo, neoprene coozies)
- Garbage bags, paper towels and clean up supplies
- Tent or shade cover
- Folding chairs
- Table coverings and easy tabletop decor such as mini pumpkins filled with flowers and shakers. Votives add a nice touch for an evening tailgate.
- Large TV and generator to catch ESPN College GameDay. Sometimes the ladies and kids like to stay behind to watch from the comfort of the tailgate.
- If chilly, bring heaters and wool blankets.
Food and Beverage Necessities:
- Appetizers with serving pieces and serving utensils. Some of my favorites are Pimento cheese dip and charcuterie boards, but my real favorites are apps I pick up from Simon Hall that are prepared and ready to serve! No prep on my part and are in containers to take home or send with guests. (See Menu Below)
- Heavier fare like bbq or something to grill
- Condiments, Saran Wrap and Aluminum Foil
- Chips, Pretzels, Popcorn and Peanuts in the shell for before and after snacking or something for guests that just stop by.
- Water, Sodas, Beers (get a variety), and bar set-ups if having a full bar. Signature cocktails are fun. Mimosas and Orange juice are great for UT early game day tailgates. Gotta get in that Orange!
- Ham ’N Goodys lemon cookies with orange icing. Hint: call and reserve days in advance because they sell out fast!
- Don’t forget lots of ice, i e scoop and ice bucket.
Fun to have:
- Corn hole
- Footballs for kids to throw
- Speakers to play music from your phone
BY SIMON HALL
Deviled Eggs w Fresh Dill
Mini Potato Skins w Guacamole, Bacon & Chives
Artichoke Lemon Dip or Pimento Cheese w PIta & Cucumber
Slow Roasted BBQ Ribs
Grilled Chicken Kebobs w Ranch
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
$30pp, minimum 10ppl per order
Order by Wednesday for Game Day
Order Today at email@example.com or 865-409-4896
Pick Up Only @ Our Homberg Location in Knoxville, TN